Sophie's POV: After many drinks had been consumed, I had suddenly found myself lost in that misted mindset where I wasn't ...

Bad News *Update* New Chapter - don't make me regret it



Sophie's POV:

After many drinks had been consumed, I had suddenly found myself lost in that misted mindset where I wasn't all that sure what was going on around me. One thing I knew for sure though, was that the music was pounding, almost deafening to my ears and the pretty faced male was still very much in my presence.
After I had walked away earlier with every intention of not speaking to him again, things hadn’t quite gone my way. Matt had been persistent and as much as I wanted to have enough willpower to keep him at bay, I failed miserably.
“How come I’ve never seen you around before now?” Matt asked, his own voice sounding slightly slurred.
He was leaning himself up against the wall and I was very much convinced that it was because he wouldn’t be able to stand if he let go.
“Because I don’t make ‘bumping into gang members’ part of my daily routine.” I bit back, finding some power within me to keep pushing this guy away.
“I bet you’re regretting that now.”
“Not really.”
Matt’s eyes seemed to linger on me for an extended amount of time. At first, I was slightly concerned I had truly offended him, but I soon realised where his eyes had fallen.
“You know, my face is up here, right?” I raised my brows accusingly and watched as his gaze drifted up once again.
“Fully aware.” He confirmed but I didn’t know who he was trying to convince here.
“I’d appreciate you actually holding a bit of eye contact then, rather than staring at my boobs.”
It was difficult to miss the smile sweeping its way across Matt’s whole face. However, it was even more difficult to ignore the effort he was putting in to fight temptation and not look down again.
Just as I was certain he was going to fail, he miraculously found a method of distraction in the conversation we had previously been having.
“Why are you so against the world of gangs? You really hate us, don’t you?”
“Hate is a strong word.” I began, while really considering how else I could put it. “…but yeah, I guess it fits.”
“Ouch. I guess I’ve got a lot of work to put in before you consider this ‘pretty face’ worthy of your time.” Matt retaliated and although his eyes had drifted from my face again, I couldn’t help but feel slightly more attracted to this guy then I wanted to be.
I had a boyfriend… kind of. We were pretty unpredictable and never really knew where we stood but he was still my boyfriend nevertheless. That meant that this pretty faced gang guy was supposed to be the least of my concerns tonight, while Isabella should have been my top priority.
I didn’t even know where she was at this point and I was the one who had been assigned the key role of keeping her out of trouble. I was supposed to despise this group of males who called themselves a gang. I was supposed to find them revolting and only see pure trouble but somehow, this persistent guy was changing my mind.
He was cocky, but he was sweet. He was overly persistent, but he made it look hot. I should have just walked away, grabbed Isabella and got out of here but I wanted to stay. I wanted to actually enjoy this night and I wanted this pretty faced gang member to be the one to show me that.
“Why don’t you get me another drink and we’ll see if you can change my mind.” I said with a suggestive smile over my face, which I was desperately hoping he would pick up on.
“You’re actually trusting me to get you a drink now? Damn! I’m winning you over fast.” Matt responded with genuine excitement in his voice, leading right through his body. He had a skip to his step as he immediately began making his way to the kitchen area.
“Don’t make me regret it.”
“You won’t.”
I hovered in the doorway of the kitchen while Matt barged through his fellow gang members to reach the drinks. I could sense many gazes falling on me, but my eyes were focused on Matt. It was bothering me so much that he wasn’t anything like I expected him to be. I wanted to dislike him. That was what I was here to do. I was meant to be frowning upon every single gang member in this room, so that Isabella realised George wasn’t worth her time.
Instead, here I was getting lured in by some guy all because I thought he was kind of hot, and had a face that looked like it had been carved by the angels. I was desperately trying to remind myself of Alec and make myself realise that there was no need for some gang member when I had him just a phone call away. However, for some reason that didn’t feel like enough. I was curious and that was making it difficult to say no.
Now I was truly beginning to understand how Isabella felt.
“Drink up.” Matt mocked as he passed the drink my way.
“What is it?” My eyes fell to the glass that I was now holding in my hand.
“I heard you like gin.”
I could have smiled and given him the pleasure of being right, but I really didn’t feel like giving in just yet. So instead, I sipped the cool liquid and tried to hide the satisfying look on my face as I felt his eyes on me.
“Good right?”
“What have you put with it?” I asked, genuinely curious and also already impressed if it was what I thought it was.
“Only the best raspberry lemonade you’ll ever try!” He sang, with the smuggest grin presented across his face.
He was making it so difficult to act calm right now. He was breaking every gang stereotype I had previously held securely in my mind.
“I’m impressed.” I nodded before taking another sip. “I thought you guys would only offer cheap beer.”
“You’ve got us completely wrong. I’ve tried telling you.” Matt held his hands out to his sides and it was then I knew I had to give in.
So far, he had barely lived up to the expectations I had held of him and his friends. He had broken down every wall I had held up with intentions of not letting my usual lack of self-control get involved with the bad boy. So now, here I was, placing my glass down on the side while holding my own hand out towards him. He looked as shocked as I was to do be doing this however, he soon dropped his hand into mine as I spoke.
“We need to dance.”
“I don’t-“ Matt began to say before I stopped him, already knowing what was going to fall from his lips.
“Yes you do. Tonight, you do.”
As I began urging Matt towards the crowds of people gathered in the centre of the room, his hand soon laced around my waist. It felt territorial, like he was trying to make a point to everyone else around him. While that usually bothered me, my stomach just swirled with excitement and a desperate need for this guy, even though I should have hated him.
Once we had emerged ourselves among the crowds, I only found myself being urged closer into Matt’s body. Whether it was because the crowd’s impact made it the only option, or he was just as desperate for some physical contact, I didn’t care.
Running my own hands up and around his neck, our bodies began moving to the music in a rhythmic manner. I was incredibly impressed, and a little surprised by it considering neither of us held much control in that moment.
Matt urged me even closer, if that were possible, causing my body to press tightly to his, no longer allowing any space between us. His hands then began to trail up the length of my body before cupping the side of my face. He held my gaze as he did so, causing my body to consume with so much heat. I felt light headed, not only due to the limited breathing space around us, but more due to the fact I knew what was going to happen.
Matt’s thumb made the first move by trailing over my bottom lip and I could tell he was holding back for confirmation from me. I was surprised yet it only made me much more eager.

Once I had given him the reassuring smile, it was only a matter of seconds from that significant gesture for him to make a move. Pressing his lips to mine, he kissed me, and I kissed him back. The intensity of that moment overtook the both of our bodies and I was no longer concerned with the what ifs and what I should have been thinking of this guy. Instead, I was only mindful of this current moment and the wave of desperation flooding through my body with every passing second.
**

0 comments:

Total Pageviews