"Where have you been?" Kaia asked as Sophie walked through the door. Both her and Alexis were sat in the living room, coffee in ...

Bonus Chapter (fast forward chapter 5 extra.2)

"Where have you been?" Kaia asked as Sophie walked through the door.

Both her and Alexis were sat in the living room, coffee in hand and trying to wake up and recover from the night before.

"Um... at Corey's." She trailed off, pulling that guilty expression.

While Alexis raised her brows while grinning, being that supportive friend of the whole 'having fun while you're young and single' thing, Kaia was unusually not looking the same way. She looked extremely disgusted which was more than strange coming from her.

"Right." Was her response, causing Sophie to drop her bag on the floor and make her way over.

"Since when were you one to judge a one night stand Kaia?"

"I'm not." Kaia shrugged her shoulders before getting up off the sofa.

"That's your judging face and your judging reaction. You are definitely judging!"

"No, i'm not." Kaia's voiced was raised at this point before she began charging off to the bedroom. "I need to get ready."

With her out the room, Sophie was left speechless for a moment at her bestfriend's reaction to the whole thing. Kaia was the queen of one night stands and was always going on about how she didn't understand why people viewed people viewed others so negatively for them. However, it seemed as though her views had suddenly changed in that moment as she didn't seem so in favour of Sophies.

"What's wrong with her?" Sophie took a seat down next to Alexis, genuinely confused as to what was going on.

"I don't know." Alexis shrugged her shoulders. "I think she's just mad."

"About what?"

Placing her coffee down on the table, Alexis sat back before seriously looking at Sophie.

"You know her better than me but I think she likes Corey... maybe that's why."

"What?" Sophie's hand flew to her mouth as she suddenly felt sick with guilt. "Oh my God... I didn't know... shit."

Standing to her feet she was frozen on the spot for a moment as she wasn't quite sure how to react.

"Does she seriously like him? Shit, shit shit. If I had have known..."

"I mean I don't know... it might not be that, that's just my guess." Alexis concluded and nodding her head Sophie then hurried off to her friend's room.

"Kaia?" She knocked on the door a few times before just pushing it open, walking in to a still angry looking Kaia.

"I'm sorry... about last night. Is this because of Corey... do you like him?" She came right out and questioned it and Kaia looked a little shocked to begin with.

"It's not that." She began shaking her head. "I mean, I guess yeah a little but I like a lot of guys a little. It's just you try being friends with someone who goes away for a few months, comes back and has guys throwing themselves at her! Being that friend sucks."

Kaia looked genuinely upset and it was then Sophie realised this wasn't over Corey, there was something deeper here.

"I wanted to spend the night with you because I hadn't seen you in so long but you spent it with Corey. I've missed you so fucking much Sophie but no one cares when a friend misses a friend, it's all about whether your family or Aaron miss you."

"Kaia, I'm..." Sophie tried to speak but she was stopped as she continued.

"And I fucking hate that you choose Corey to help you deal with your shit with Aaron over me. Like I bet you only slept with him because of that Carla girl. That's so messed up! You're better than that Soph." Kaia threw her hands out through aggravation.

You could hear by the tone in her voice alone how upset she was by this whole situation and this was definitely not something Sophie expected to be waking up to this morning.

"I bet i'll be the only one who is open and honest with you about everything too." Kaia began, taking this opportunity to say everything she had wanted to say to her bestfriend last night. "Aaron is sleeping with that girl. I won't wrap the truth up in bubble wrap and leave you making assumptions. But that doesn't mean you have to jump in Corey's bed to make yourself feel better or get back at him. You can make him regret it and feel like shit by just walking into that club. He already knows what he is missing out on."

"Kaia, I'm sorry. I didn't know it bothered you... I was just, making quick decisions in the moment and..."

"And thinking that sleeping with Corey was going to fix everything." Kaia finished her sentence for her.

"This isn't about Corey!" Sophie stressed.

"Yes it is because he only comes to your defense when it involves Aaron! He knows that's the way to make you want him. I genuinely care but you don't give a shit about that. You ran away the moment things got difficult with Aaron. You pissed off to London and didn't even think for one second that your bestfriend could have helped."

"I didn't run away. I just had my own place there... and my job."

"And you had friends who cared about you here. But it doesn't matter about me does it? It doesn't matter that I miss and need my bestfriend. All that matters is that you give the guys what you want when you come home for a weeks holiday."

Sophie was left speechless, she didn't know what to say because she had never realised that Kaia felt this way. She had always been Sophie's biggest supporter when it came to both her job and her crazy antics on a night out however, it was proving that she wasn't in support of everything.

There was a few minutes silence before Sophie's phone began signalling that she had a text. She had been ignoring it that whole time until Kaia pointed it out.

"Are you going to answer that?" She questioned looking to the screen and seeing Corey's name. "You don't want to miss plans for another night with the next guy you plan on getting into a quick relationship with."

Kaia knew Sophie well and knew how she dealt with those breakups she cared about. When she had experienced them with Elliot she had always made bad decisions and ran off with whatever random guys she could to distract her mind and she was now doing the same because of Aaron.

For someone who was so independent and could support herself alone both physically and emotionally, she never took a break from relationships. She was rarely ever single and would move from one to the next.

"Kaia." Sophie bit, not wanting to have this argument.

"I can't wait to watch you get caught up in something messy again. Maybe once you're finished with Corey you will go back to Todd and let him get you hooked on drugs and alcohol once again. Who cares if you throw away everything you worked so hard for because you will have got back at Aaron wouldn't you? You'll be even."



0 comments:

Total Pageviews