With a lot of 'dad themes' coming up in the story at the moment, I wanted to dedicate a whole post to the dad's of Bad Desire! T...

The Bad Desire Dad's!

With a lot of 'dad themes' coming up in the story at the moment, I wanted to dedicate a whole post to the dad's of Bad Desire! This won't be including the parents of the parents, but the main character dad's. I am going to discuss a bit about them and also my opinion on each of the characters.

Jack Lawrence:


this photo had to be used, sorry not sorry
I think most people will be able to agree on this one that Jack has this role under control. Even though, much like Matt and Jay, being a father wasn't something he envisioned for himself, he stepped up to the job and didn't run away from it. Through everything that has happened he still remains there for the children and puts them first... and doesn't run off to a different country and forget they exist.

Even though him and Jess are going through a rough patch, he still makes sure the kids are okay and are getting the same amount of love and attention.

Yes he makes mistakes, but I think that's just what happens with parenting and you learn as you go along. I think he would be the guy out of all the dads, most people would want to be the father of their children haha!


Jay Gibson:



During the whole of the Bad News series I never saw Jay as the 'dad type' so when we found out he was going to be one, I was a bit skeptical about how he would be. To be honest, he lived up to my expectations.

First off he never seemed that bothered about the fact he has a daughter and when he moved to Vegas that topped it off. He doesn't appear to ever see her, nor seems bothered. Instead, his main focus is the gang and he doesn't even think about the daughter he has probably wondering what happened to her dad.

I sure hope he doesn't get anyone else pregnant as those poor children will also be dad-less haha.

Disappointing Jay Gibson! Tut, tut, tut.


Matt Russle:



I used to think he was actually quite a decent dad and although the gang was an important part in his life, he didn't shut out his role of a dad like Jay did.

However, he also made a bad move like Jay and moved to Vegas. From there, he also seemed to shut his children out. He doesn't pay visits, he doesn't seem to be bothered that he isn't making effort and this is sad as he started out well.

I think maybe for him it's about 'looking good' in front of the other gang members. If they are not bothered about those sorts of things, then he won't be either.

Again, disappointing Matt Russle.


Lastly, I just wanted to mention Elliot Lloyd - yes I know he is not a dad yet but I feel like if he was, he would probably do a good job too. He seems the type and also seeing how desperate he wants a child, makes me believe he would be.


0 comments:

Total Pageviews