Okay, so if you read the last chapter of BIAL, you'll know that Lucie passed some chapters onto me that were extras. They were pre-wr...

Ellie + James Scene (BIAL)

Okay, so if you read the last chapter of BIAL, you'll know that Lucie passed some chapters onto me that were extras. They were pre-written ones (some unfinished) and said I could post them on here! So here is one of them and I LOVE it because it's James and Ellie :)
Enjoy!





The chiming of her phone immediately caught Ellie's attention and her reaction to it immediately caught James'. 

"What is it?" He asked in reaction to her aggravated sigh.

"Nothing." She just shook her head before deciding to continue anyway. "...well this guy I used to talk keeps texting and just won't drop it. I told him I wasn't interested but he just keeps trying."

"Is he trying to ask you out?"

"Yeah, for the 100th time. I would have gone but he's been nothing but an idiot. I can't have a real conversation with him without it somehow relating to mine or his bed. It's disgusting!" Ellie bit with clear distaste over her face.

It was so frustrating to her as looks-wise this guy was everything she would have gone for. Unfortunately, his social skills were not quite up to scratch though and he had been nothing but disappointment so far.

This wasn't anything unusual for Ellie though and it was getting incredibly exhausting. It seemed as though every guy she had a momentary interest in would give her reason to feel disappointed.

"Just block his number. He should eventually give up then." James suggested with ease, as the last thing he wanted was to see Ellie with some other guy anyway.

"I'm starting to think either I have zero luck or I'm just fussy." Ellie laughed as she tucked her phone away in her pocket and placed her attention back on James. "My friends keep trying to set me up with people... which is kind of annoying but to be honest, I can never be bothered with any of them."

"You're not impressed by their choices?" James asked with a grin on his face, already knowing her answer.

"Not really." 

Pulling a face, Ellie wasn't afraid to admit that she wasn't easy to please. Everyone around her had come to terms with that and hadn't expected anything less.

It wasn't even a bad thing either as this girl knew exactly what she wanted and didn't really care how long it took. Until that 'Mr Right' came along, she was just getting on with her own life and doing things for her, instead of focusing her whole life around obsessing over boys that she didn't even like that much anyway.

"...and I know I'm not easy to please."

"I'd say that's good though." James immediately added. "What is it that you're looking for... well not looking, but hoping for?"

His quick rephrase in question made Ellie smile as she knew why he had done it. He was worried she'd get defensive over the term 'looking' when she always liked to insist she was never 'looking' or waiting around. 

"I don't know... I guess I look up to my dad so much and the way he treats my mum. I think that's why I think I'm so picky." Ellie began as she turned to face James. "I've always wanted that kind of treatment from a guy but I could never seem to find it. Every guy this age ends up being a complete idiot, and don't get me wrong, I bet my dad was too but my mum still talks about how amazing and loved he made her feel."

James had always known that there was something stopping Ellie from getting to know the many guys that tried their luck and now it was all so much clearer. She was picky but for good reason as she knew exactly what she wanted. She wasn't willing to let her guard down for just anyone, her parents relationship was something she looked up to. They set that benchmark.

She watched her dad and knew exactly what she deserved. She wasn't prepared to take any less and because of that she was willing to wait as long as it took to meet that one person who ticked every box.

"and you haven't yet found a guy whose like that? At all?" James clarified and instead of shaking her head like he expected, Ellie surprised him with the complete opposite.

"I see that in you, so I know it exists regardless of age." She spoke so confidently without a glimpse of embarrassment over her face. "You're so caring without expecting anything back. You're so selfless even when people don't appreciate it."

James' face flushed slightly as he had not expected those words to leave her lips. He was taken back at her confidence to just say them out loud yet it also filled him with so much excitement he needed to contain. He didn't want to jump to any conclusions on what she was implying but he knew this was definitely in the right direction.

"You think so?" Was all he managed to say and Ellie nodded her head.

As James felt the tension between them suddenly increasing, he felt the need to jump in and save it. He didn't want to do or say anything that would make him look like a fool so instead tried to lighten it all a little before throwing himself straight in.

"I mean, I don't know if I could fully live up to your dad's standards but it's definitely something I aim for."

"Don't worry, no one could." Ellie teased while nudging his side playfully. "But no seriously, the fact that you're actually listening to me blab on right now is clear evidence that you're one of the good ones! Guys usually don't care about this stuff."

"I'm just glad you see that in me of all people..." James trailed off nervously, immediately worrying that he was saying the wrong thing.

For some reason, talking to a girl you liked about this kind of stuff had the ability to heighten every chance of doing something incredibly idiotic.

"Why me?" Ellie asked with pure confidence and even though she could so easily guess what he was implying, James knew why she was doing it.

She wasn't experiencing the awkwardness and instead she was always straight to the point. Therefore, she wanted to give James the confidence to come right out and say exactly what he was feeling too.

"Well, er..." James muttered as he was instantly stunned at her forwardness. "...because I want you to see me for who I am and know that I would never treat you badly."

As a smile reached Ellie's lips, it gave James all of the confidence to continue.

"I liked you when I was just a kid... and I never stopped. It's crazy how those emotions don't just go away."

Looking down to the ground and then back up at James, Ellie paused as her gaze drifted from his eyes and down to his lips.

"I'm going to try something, okay?" She breathed and James just watched on as nerves began to fill his body.

Then, within a instant, Ellie ran her hand around James' neck before urging him that little bit closer so she could close the gap between them. The kiss was brief, and over before James' had chance to fully process it but it was enough to confirm every feeling they both had been experiencing.




0 comments:

Total Pageviews