"Lawrence!" Harvey's co-worker and friend, Taj called out as he headed his way. Harvey had been getting his stuff togeth...

Part 16 - Bad Desire: New Generation



"Lawrence!" Harvey's co-worker and friend, Taj called out as he headed his way.

Harvey had been getting his stuff together in a hurry, ready to finish up a long day at work. He loved work most days but considering he had made plans to see Grace tonight, he didn't want to be late. However, considering he was already pushing it for time, having Taj stop him now was not ideal.

"Yeah?"

"Where are you going?"

"Home. I'm finished." Harvey replied, as though it was obvious.

He was swinging his car keys around in his hand in hope of giving his friend the hint that he wanted to leave, yet it clearly wasn't picked up on.

"You seeing Grace?" Taj asked, with a skeptical tone to his voice, as it wasn't just an innocent question to make conversation.

"Yeah, why?"

"Are you two dating or are you just fucking around?"

"Why is that any of your business?" Harvey challenged with raised eyebrows.

"Just answer the question." Taj probed, not willing to drop this even if it meant getting into Harvey's car with him until he gave him an answer.

"I don't know... we're sleeping together but we're kind of dating too, I guess."

Harvey knew that things were complicated but their nights spent together involved much more than just sex. Grace would spend days and nights there, rather than just running off in the morning like a casual one night stand. They'd also been out a few times together too, something that surely had to be classed as a 'date'. Therefore, Harvey was certain it was all much more than just 'sleeping together' as his friend had asked.

"Really?"

"Yeah?"

Taj had gone strangely quiet and Harvey wasn't exactly sure why. Five seconds ago he hadn't been able to get him to leave him alone, yet now he looked like he didn't want to be stood there.

"What, Taj? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"It's nothing."

"It clearly is, just tell me." Harvey insisted, getting agitated at his friend's tight lipped responses. "If it's because of this whole Lottie thing, then I'm fine. I've already had enough shit from everyone telling me not to use Grace as a rebound, so I'm all lectured out on that."

"No, man, no, it's not that. I wouldn't give a shit about that, it's you I want to look out for." Taj finally spoke up.

"What do you mean, look out for me?"

"I just wanna make sure you're on the same page as each other."

"Why? What have you heard?" Harvey continued to probe his friend for answers. He was being painfully slow at spitting out what he clearly wanted to say.

"Apparently Grace slept with that guy, Dennis, from football the other night." Taj trailed off, already judging for Harvey's reaction. "I thought you already knew but then I wasn't sure, especially as you said you were dating. I know everyone's so concerned about her getting hurt by you but I wanted to make sure that she didn't end up hurting you. Grace isn't the most innocent girl around."

While Taj kept talking, Harvey was just staring into space while he processed his friend's words. He was trying to not look bothered and trying to not be bothered either, yet he couldn't help but feel slightly gutted. He didn't know where him and Grace stood and maybe they should have had the conversation regarding sleeping with other people but he hadn't thought they needed to.

He had stopped sleeping around the moment things got a bit more intense so had just assumed that she wouldn't be sleeping with anyone else either. She spent most of her time looking after Brinley and the rest of her time with him... at least he thought she did.

"You okay bro? Sorry if I've just caused shit, I just thought you should know."

"Yeah, yeah, thanks man. I'm good. Thanks for telling me."

"It's no problem. Are you..." Taj began to ask before Harvey very quickly cut him off.

"Do you wanna go out tonight? I'm going to get a few of the lads together."

"Weren't you seeing Grace?" Taj asked, already aware why his plans may have changed so quickly yet wanting to see if he'd be a bit more open about how he was feeling right now.

"I haven't been out all week." Harvey replied simply as though that truly answered the question.

Deciding not to push him anymore on the subject, Taj began nodding his head before throwing the dirty cloth he was holding to the side.

"Do you think you can convince your dad to let me off early? I'm supposed to be on a late but I'd rather we get food before."

Chuckling at his friend's primary focus in all of this, Harvey agreed. He wasn't going to turn it down because it meant he had even more excuses to avoid Grace tonight.

"Sure. I'll ask him."




0 comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews