Grace headed into the garage that morning with one thing on her mind, and that was confronting Harvey. She didn't care if he was...

Part 17 - Bad Desire: New Generation




Grace headed into the garage that morning with one thing on her mind, and that was confronting Harvey. She didn't care if he was surrounded by his co-workers and friends. She didn't care that he'd likely try and shrug her off, in an attempt to not cause a scene. She was going to make him talk because she knew she deserved some sort of explanation.

"Harvey." She bit as she headed straight for him.

She was ignoring the eyes on her and the few individuals who had attempted to ask if she needed any help.

Harvey removed his attention from Taj who he was currently talking with and glimpsed over to see her heading his way. He initially looked shocked to see her yet that very quickly changed to frustration. He didn't want her here and she knew that.

"We need to talk for a minute." Grace insisted as she reached him, momentarily glancing at Taj so he got the hint to leave.

The 26 year old looked to his friend as though searching for the OK that he wanted to be left alone. He didn't receive it but Grace was giving him severe enough daggers to make him leave anyway.

"I'm working. I can't talk." Harvey came up with the most pathetic excuse as he turned his back on her and pretended to busy himself with the car behind him.

"Oh yeah, it sure looked like it."

Making her way around so she was stood in between Harvey and this car, Grace leaned up against it and crossed her arms over her chest.

"What the fuck is going on with you?" She exasperated. "You cancel our plans out of nowhere without even the decency of an apology or explanation, completely ignore me and then fuck off out with the guys."

Running his hands over his face, Harvey let out a long sigh. He looked exhausted and Grace could tell that he was hungover so she knew she was probably making that pounding ten times worse right now, something she couldn't care less about.

"We wanted to go out. It had been ages." Was Harvey's simple response, as he took a few steps back from Grace.

"But that's not the reason you're acting so shitty with me. What is going on?"

"Nothing is going on."

"Something is going on, Harvey. You're acting like a twat. It's not like you to not apologise or at least explain yourself." Grace remarked and she knew full well he knew it was true. "So what changed?"

"Nothing." Harvey continued to keep his answers short.

He could have been upfront right there but he was also aware of the scene it may cause. He was exhausted, hungover, and they had an audience. Three things stopping him from saying what he wanted to say.

"Right, so is this you hinting that you don't want to fuck around with me anymore? Because if so, at least use your damn words to tell me instead of just ghosting me like that."

Grace wasn't one to take rubbish from anyone. She prided herself in being upfront and honest so when she didn't get it back, she didn't appreciate it. She never expected much from guys when they were just casually sleeping together, she knew how the whole thing went. However, circumstances were different with Harvey, so she was slightly gutted that he wasn't being honest.

"I'm sure that wouldn't bother you too much. It's not like you don't have other guys on the go right now."

Harvey’s comment caused Grace to pause as her lips parted. It wasn’t exactly what he said, it was how he had said it.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“It means you’re sleeping with other people, so would have plenty of choice to keep you company when I cancelled.”

“I didn’t want any other company. I was expecting to be spending the evening with you.” Grace bit back, hating the tone of voice he was using.

“That’s a shame.” Harvey remarked sarcastically while reaching out to cup her chin in his hand. “Maybe another time.”

With that, he pulled away from her before attempting to make his escape however, Grace quickly stopped him.

“What the hell is going on here Harvey?! I don’t understand why you’re so pissed at me?” She raised her voice, drawing even more attention onto them.

The guys in the garage were beginning to listen in, not wanting to miss out on the gossip. It wasn’t difficult either as Grace and Harvey weren’t exactly hidden away from everyone.

“Can you keep your voice down. You’re giving us a fucking audience, Grace.”

“No! Not until you tell me why you’re so pissed. I don’t know what I’ve done wrong?”

Letting out a long and aggravated sigh, Harvey was doing everything to avoid Grace’s eye contact. He had to give in, he couldn’t keep up this annoyed act when it was causing such a scene. It wouldn’t be long until his dad came out wondering what was going on.

“You haven’t done anything wrong. It’s my fault. I just misunderstood the situation, so don’t worry about.”

“Misunderstood what?”

It was clear Harvey wanted to drop this conversation now but Grace couldn’t let him. She needed to know what was going on.

“Harvey...”

“I was pissed off because I found out you were still sleeping with other people.” He began, muttering his words. 

Grace didn’t say anything for a moment while her heart was pounding against her chest. Harvey didn’t need to say anything else, those words had spoken so much more.

“Were you...” Grace began, recomposing herself before continuing. “...were you not sleeping with anyone else?”

Harvey glimpsed at Grace for the first time before shaking his head. 

“It was stupid of me to assume you weren’t either. I know we were just fucking around so I shouldn’t have been pissed at you.”

Grace continued to watch Harvey with so many emotions running through her body. If she didn’t already have enough crazy feelings caused by this boy, she definitely did now. He wasn’t like any of the other guys she had slept with. He was a friend first and with that came such a pure heart that constantly made her head spin.

“It wasn’t stupid of you, Harvey.” Grace began, knowing that this was her chance to be honest. He’d admitted exactly what she had been hoping for, so she no longer had any excuses. “It was stupid of me to be sleeping with other people still. I did it because I assumed you were. I didn’t think it was possible for this to be anything other than just fucking around but trust me, I’ve wanted it to be.”

“Wait...” Harvey but in when he realised where this was going. “You wanted more?”

“Yes. You’ve been fucking with my head, making me crazy. I didn’t think it was possible because of everything that has happened. I knew you wanted to just be single, not get caught up in dating someone else.”

“It’s fast I know but... I don’t know, it just feels right.” 

Although this conversation terrified Grace for many reasons, she knew it was long overdue on her part. She was terrified because Harvey had just got out of a long relationship and she didn’t know if he was ready for this. She was terrified because she had never been in a relationship and didn’t know how this whole thing was supposed to work. But she was also terrified because she had a little girl, that meant making big decisions like this couldn’t be considered lightly.

“It does feel right and honestly, sleeping with other guys was just for the sake of it. But it’s also because this, us, isn’t simple.”

“I know that.” Harvey agreed.

“I want it but there is so much to consider.”

“Then let’s not rush this. Don’t take this conversation as me wanting to jump into a relationship, I just want to be on the same page.”

“We are now, definitely, we are.” Grace ensured, not wanting to come across like she wasn’t interested, she was just scared.

“Good, that’s all I wanted to hear.” Harvey said as he finally presented Grace with that warm smile she always loved to see. It managed to fill her with so much ease every time.

“So where do we go from here?” Grace asked, suddenly lost at what this all meant.

“Well I have a long days work to do, so this conversation might be better done when we don’t have an audience.” Harvey chuckled before reaching out for Grace’s hand. “But how about we finish this off later and for now, just agree to be honest with each other from now on.”

Nodding her head, Grace mimicked his smile.

“Okay. Let me start then...”

“What?”

“Let me start this being honest thing by saying that I won’t be sleeping with anyone else from now on. I want to date you, just you.”

As those words left Grace’s mouth, the smile on Harvey’s face just grew bigger as he urged her closer to him. Running his hand up the side of her face, he leaned down before pausing just as his lips hovered over hers.

“I want to date you too, just you.” He repeated her words before finally making the move and kissing her.

With so many emotions running through her body, Grace kissed Harvey back, wanting him to feel everything she was feeling right now. 

They had both managed to ignore the comments being made and the guys calling stupid things out at them. However, Harvey did react my gesturing his middle finger at them before reluctantly pulling away.

“I really need to get back to work.” He mumbled against Grace’s lips before kissing her again. “But we’ll continue this tonight.”

Grace just sighed in response, not wanting it to stop but she was also filled with so much relief after they had finally spoken the truth.

Although this was terrifying, this could also be the start of something amazing.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews