There have been a lot of hints throughout the story on who Juliet's real parents could be and I have gone all spy and been reading into ...

My Theories on Juliet's Real Parents

There have been a lot of hints throughout the story on who Juliet's real parents could be and I have gone all spy and been reading into everything. I could be looking into this too much, but I am going to share my thoughts.

1. Real mum = Rebecca Gibson & Real dad = Rusty

Obviously this is where the focus lies at the moment. There is an ongoing question of whether or not Rusty is Juliet's dad. It seems to add up and Jack and Dan are in the process of working it out. The timeline seems to match but it also means she has a sister out there somewhere... this could lead to a very interesting storyline! Also, we found out that Rebecca was Juliet's mum by a scene where she got emotional and spoke to Juliet about it, including photos and that.

2. Juliet's real mum is not Rebecca?

Maybe there is a trick and Rebecca isn't actually Juliet's mum? Maybe those photos are someone else and Juliet isn't actually her daughter but someone else is? Maybe Rebecca adopted Juliet because she lost her own daughter at some point and then lost Juliet too due to her bad background and then she ended up with her mum Alissa now.

If Rebecca isn't Juliet's real mum then that leads me to question who? I was going through the other mum's in the book and was trying to see which would make most sense... then I came up with Estee Carter - Sophie's mum. 

Before you tell me it can't be, just think about it... we know that Sophie's mum and dad broke up when she was younger and that is why there is such a huge age gap between Sophie and her siblings.
I can't remember what age Sophie was, whether it was like 7/8 or 12? I don't know why but I have those ages in my head, they might be completely wrong? It could have been younger. I've been trying to find the chapter where it explains that but I can't find it, so if anyone knows please tell me haha.

But anyway, we know that she cheated on Sophie's dad Arlo and that's why they broke up the first time. We don't know how long she had been cheating on him for? Or if maybe that wasn't the first time she done it?

There is 2 years between Sophie and Juliet so she could have possibly been seeing that same guy from then onwards and got pregnant with Juliet, which could have lead to her putting Juliet up for adoption as she wasn't Arlo's? Then maybe Estee and Arlo sorted out their differences and she stopped seeing whoever Juliet's dad is, only to start seeing him again at a later time. By this time maybe Arlo had enough and that's why they split up the first time.

However, I do think maybe Arlo wouldn't have let Juliet be put up for adoption regardless of who the dad was, so that makes me question this theory.

HOWEVER, at the same time... we know Estee is a bit unreliable and is focused on herself and her career ect... for all we know, she could have gone off at this point and left Arlo alone to bring up Sophie?? And then came back once she was no longer pregnant and had put Juliet up for adoption? She may have thought that Arlo wouldn't care for someone who wasn't his own and she couldn't care for her because she worked a lot.

The other reason why I think this makes sense is because there has been a lot of issues between Sophie and Juliet at the moment. Finding out that they share the same mum would create a whole new issue and maybe this is leading up to that.

3. Juliet's mum works at an adoption service

This theory is incomplete as I haven't yet made the connections BUT, we know her 'mum' works at an adoption service so this could mean that she knows everything?? She might know exactly who Juliet's real parents are and there is a reason why she isn't being open and telling her... I have no yet come up with a reason why this could be, but it's an idea for now...

0 comments:

Total Pageviews