"How am I just finding out from a news article online that you and Todd are married?!" Juliet stressed while looking at ...

Part 4 - Bad Desire: New Generation





"How am I just finding out from a news article online that you and Todd are married?!" Juliet stressed while looking at Sophie through the screen of her phone.

Times like this really made her really miss them living in the same country as one another. She felt like she could never keep up with what was going on in this girl's life.

"Where was my invite? I could have helped you plan the whole thing!"

"Okay, okay, hold up!" Sophie chuckled, finding Juliet's reaction amusing. "This isn't at all what you think."

"Um, yes it is. We are sisters again and you didn't tell me. We are both Russles Sophie, we're officially family now and I didn't even know!"

Sophie was doing everything in her power to not start laughing as she knew there was a potential that Juliet would genuinely get offended. However, she wasn't giving Sophie chance to really explain what was going on here.

"But it wasn't meant to happen. That's what I mean!"

"Wait, what? How can a marriage be an accident? That doesn't make sense."

"Sounds crazy, yeah I know... but just hear me out."

"I'm listening!"

Leaning forward in her seat, Juliet was watching intently for Sophie to start speaking again. She needed an explanation. She needed to know what amazing excuse her now 'sister' was going to come up with.

"I didn't want to marry him." Sophie began before quickly holding her hand up to stop Juliet from saying anything. Her mouth had already dropped open at that comment without hearing the full story. "We went to Vegas for Todd's birthday and we got really really really drunk."

"Oh God..." Juliet muttered, already knowing where this was going.

"I woke up the next morning and I felt as though I was in that 'what happens in Vegas' movie however, I didn't completely hate the guy." She teased. "It was an accident. I don't know why we did it but I'm really hoping it's not official. We're trying to get it all checked out because I also don't want to go through yet another divorce, especially when we aren't actually breaking up."

"What the hell Sophie Carter?! Or should I say Russle?" Juliet mocked, not quite believing this had actually happening but then remembering the two people they were talking about here. "Firstly, how can you accidentally marry someone? And secondly, why don't you want it to be official? I don't get it!"

It was confusing to Juliet because these two had finally found happiness with one another once again. They were reunited through their love after years apart yet Sophie was now sitting here hating the fact they had just accidentally got married in Vegas.

"Because we never planned on getting married. It's not our thing... well I've been married before but I mean like, me and Todd, we never wanted that. It doesn't fit us. You know?"

Although she was slightly baffled, Juliet nodded along anyway. She would never understand these two but it seemed to work for them and that was all that mattered.

"You are the only person I know who would be trying to find a loop hole to get out of a marriage with a man she loves but okay... I'll ride with it. I'm just glad you weren't purposely keeping a huge life event from me!"

Sophie smiled, knowing how badly this phone call would have gone down if that had of been the case.

"Promise me that if you ever get married for real, you won't keep it a secret from me? Me and Matt deserve invites at least."

"I won't, I promise." Sophie agreed, considering she didn't really have much choice. "But actually, speaking about Matt... I need to ask you something about him."

"Oh God, what?"


“Is he still involved in the gang?”

Frowning, Juliet was instantly worried about where this was going and unsure what was okay for her to say. Matt's involvement with the gang was now very low key and these weren't the kind of secrets that should be thrown about so easily.

“Er… well... he runs that bar with Jay." She began, trying to find away to stall this conversation, so she could speak to Matt before blurting it out to Sophie.

"It's okay, I know he is. I've already asked him." Sophie instantly cut her off, causing Juliet to look back at her in completely confusion.

"Then why are you asking me?"

"Because I knew he wouldn't answer my next question."

"Which is?"

"Is Todd involved?"

"Wait, hold up." Juliet held her hand to the screen, needing Sophie to slow down a bit here. She didn't know where this was all suddenly coming from. "Why would Todd be involved? He left that life a long time ago. And anyway, what would Matt being in the gang have to do with Todd? They were never on the same side."

“I know that but he's been talking to Matt a lot, and now they're closer they could be..." Sophie trailed off, as Juliet began nodding her head, understanding the puzzle pieces Sophie was trying to put together, to make sense of whatever had ignited her suspicions.  

“Why do you think he would have any reason to get involved again? I thought you warned him about that?"

“I don’t know and I did. He's changed yeah, but it’s still a huge part of who he was, regardless of how much he hated it. He was brought up to be a gang member so if Matt's asked him for help with something, I don't know if he would turn it down.”

“So you think he’s tempted again?”

“I think it would be possible. Do you have Matt’s phone or laptop there?” Sophie asked and she could see Juliet’s expression suddenly drop. She knew what Sophie was about to ask.

“Sophie…”

“Please.”

“He’s going to kill me if I look through his gang phone."

“Yeah and Todd’s going to get himself killed if he’s doing what I think he is. That world changes him.”

Sighing, Juliet really didn't want to do this, knowing how much it would annoy Matt. He kept his gang phone private for a reason, wanting to distance that life away from his family's. Juliet had agreed with it all, finding blocking out that part of his life to cause so much more peace within the family. If he said he could keep them safe and do what he loved at the same time, she couldn't argue with the daily proof he was giving. 

However, seeing the look and determination on Sophie's face made it hard to say no. She knew she wouldn't get off the phone to her unless she did as she asked. So nodding her head she left the screen for a moment before returning moments later with Matt’s phone in her hand.

“Is there anything?” Sophie asked immediately, barely giving Juliet chance to look however, after a few seconds she looked back up to Sophie.

“Yeah... it looks like Matt and Jay want to find Kye, because his gang are causing trouble for them. They want Todd’s help because he used to work with them.”

"And what did Todd say?"

"He said yes..." Juliet trailed off and watched Sophie's face completely drop. 

“For fuck sake.”

“I’m sorry…”

“Can you send me those messages?” Sophie asked with an abrupt tone to her voice. This girl meant business and Juliet was so glad she wasn't on the other end of it.

“No, Sophie, I can’t. Matt will hate me for it. He won’t trust me anymore.”

“I don’t care. Can you just send them to me?”

"Sophie, I can't."

"Yes you can. I can't use my word against Todd's. I want the proof."

Although Juliet wanted to stand up for herself and tell Sophie no, she couldn’t help but feel slightly bad. If roles were reversed and she was asking this of Sophie, she would want her help too.

“Fine. I’ll send them but you’ll be paying for my solicitors if I end up going through a divorce.” Juliet mocked causing a smile to form across Sophie’s face.

“Okay, deal.” She laughed yet there was still a burning hot anger lingering within her.

If this all turned out to be as expected, Juliet wasn't sure how Sophie would react however, she knew that Todd and Sophie's honeymoon period was most definitely about to come to an end.



...

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews