After getting off the phone to Juliet, Sophie didn't waste anytime in leaving her office and heading straight for the studios to find...

Part 5 - Bad Desire: New Generation


After getting off the phone to Juliet, Sophie didn't waste anytime in leaving her office and heading straight for the studios to find Todd. As she entered the room, she instantly saw him, working alongside the photographers and completely oblivious to what she had just found out.

“Todd.” She called, ignoring the many people calling out her own name, desperate for a second of her attention.

As he turned around, he watched as Sophie made her way over to him before running her hand around his back. Todd dropped his own arm over Sophie’s shoulder in response, in an attempt to urge her into a hug.

“You alright?” He asked, instantly noticing something was up.

“Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Yeah, what about?"

Instead of giving him a verbal response, Sophie immediately began walking back in the direction she had come from and Todd paused for a second before quickly following after her. He knew she was mad and also knew her anger was directed at him, yet he wasn’t quite sure why.

“What’s going on, Soph?” Todd exasperated as they reached her office.

He watched as she leaned back against her desk before holding out her phone towards him. Taking a few steps towards her and claiming the phone in his own hand, he looked down to see the text messages before him.

As soon as he saw his own conversation with Matt, he froze. He didn't know how she had figured it out or how she had got hold of these but it didn't take many guesses.

“Shit.”

“Yeah, shit.” Sophie mocked. "You're a fucking idiot."

"Just let me explain." Todd held his hands up, knowing she was about ready to burst and spend the next ten minutes not allowing him to get a word in.

"No, you don't need to explain. You just need to answer one question."

Todd paused, allowing her to speak. He knew he couldn't win this battle anyway, she had seen the text messages for herself. He couldn't hide anything.

"Why the hell would you agree to help him?"

"Because it was a small thing. It's not a big deal. I'm not rejoining the gang, I'm just helping him find Kye. I'm their only hope at it." Todd tried to rationalise this with Sophie but it wasn't going to work. She was fuming.

"You've booked a fucking plane ticket to fly back to Brighton and didn't even tell me."

"I was going to." Todd replied while consciously looking behind him to make sure the door was closed. "I just knew you'd react like this."

"Then why are you doing it? You left the gang life for a reason, Todd. You promised me you wouldn't do it again yet here you are, doing shit behind my back." Sophie continued to yell.

Making his way over to her, Todd reached out for her hands but she immediately pulled them away.

"Babe, can we please do this at home? We're going to end up with an audience." Todd pleaded, being aware of the employees not far from Sophie's office, who could have been in earshot considering the raised voices.

"No! How long were you planning on staying in Brighton for? And who the hell were you even staying with?"

"I was going to get a hotel, and I don't know, it just depended how long it took. I was going to ask you to come with me."

Sophie knew Todd would do anything to talk himself out of this. He was on the edge of desperation as he knew she wasn't going to let him off easily. He had done the one thing he had promised her he wouldn't do and also gone and done it behind her back too. It was not easily forgivable.

"I can't believe you, and I can't believe your brother either!"

"I'm sorry, alright. If it bothers you that much, I'll tell him I can't help out anymore. I won't go."

Shaking her head, Sophie pushed herself up from her office desk before snatching her phone back from Todd's hand.

"You need to get out." She bit, sweeping her arm in the direction of the door.

"What?"

"You need to get out of my office and out of my damn building, before I call security."

"Sophie, what the fuck?" Todd instantly fell into panic, noticing the serious expression over her face. She wasn't messing around.

"I said you need to leave."

"We need to talk about this. I'm not rejoining the gang, that's not what this is about."

"Pack your stuff up and get the hell out of here. You have twenty minutes." Sophie warned, before pulling the large glass door open, considering he wasn't going to do it for himself.

"Are you seriously firing me?" Todd questioned, trying to make sense of this. Everything was happening so fast and he felt completely out of control.

He didn't understand what was going on yet he was pretty sure agreeing to Matt's favour had just possibly cost him not only his job, but a relationship with the woman he loved more than anything.

"Well done. That's exactly what I'm doing." Sophie confirmed his worst thoughts. "I can't have working for me who does illegal shit on the side. You'll get your final paycheck in the post... just let me know what hotel in Brighton you'll be staying in, yeah?"

There was a sickening sarcastic tone to Sophie's voice as she spoke, yet Todd could read straight through it. She was hurt. What he had done had truly hurt her and he felt nauseous with guilt. He hadn't meant for any of this to happen. He hadn't meant to go back on his word and make her believe he was falling straight back into his old ways. That wasn't how it was.

He had wanted to help Matt, thinking it would be a small job. He hadn't even considered it as him rejoining the gang life however, that's exactly how it had been perceived by Sophie.

Todd had gone and messed up, big time, and he wasn't even sure how on earth he would fix it this time.



0 comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews