With the official cutoff with his first serious relationship I thought it was only right to base this post on him. There will be one like th...

Five things about Jay Gibson

With the official cutoff with his first serious relationship I thought it was only right to base this post on him. There will be one like this based on each of the characters eventually, so keep a look out for them :) (The next one will probably be one of the girls).


1. He is a player.

I don't think this needs explaining as he has been that way since Bad News. He has always been the guy who likes to party and spent the majority of his twenties so far just having fun.

However when he got in a relationship this still seemed to carry on, he was still messing around and playing different girls - it seemed as though it was a permanent trait for him.

As much as in real life many people would hate a guy who acts this way, there is something funny and hard to hate about the way Jay does it.

He doesn't seem to care and he is so relaxed about it and makes it seem like it's not a big deal. I think the fact that he also seems like a genuine friend covers up the fact how mean he can be sometimes.




2. He's a good friend.

Leading on from my last point, he is a really good friend. All the friendships he has, he seems to manage to keep. Like Lucie has mentioned in the story before, if you're friends with Jay first he will try his hardest not to hurt you... if you get in a relationship with him first, he never truly respects you (I think that is a quote from one of the chapters, hehe!).

In a way I think that is another trait that makes you unable to dislike him. He may be a player and mean to a lot of people in his life but he is so genuine and kind to those he respects.




3. He's invincible.

Okay this one is not literal... he obviously isn't, especially as we now know he eventually dies. However it seems like he is. He manages to deal with anything, emotional or physical and i think this is because he has such a hard shell around him.

He's really good at acting like he doesn't care and that's what gets him through unharmed.




4. He is actually a little sensitive.

Most people's impressions on Jay are that he is very strong and emotionless however he is actually quite sensitive in my opinion - but I say this with caution. There are only a few things that make him sensitive and they seem to be his daughter and Jess... and maybe Steph, but I feel like with her their relationship is quite fiery - idk if that's a good work to use, but I know what I mean...

I feel like when he is around them both he acts a little differently and I don't know if anyone else has noticed that. One thing I picked up on which is from a while ago, I can't remember what chapter... was when he met Jess for a drink and a chat. When they were talking he turned his phone off and put it away, giving her his full attention.

I can't imagine him doing that if he went out for a drink with many other people - I could imagine him being distracted by that and gang stuff all night.




5. He is extremely lost.

He seems the kind of character who has everything figured out by I personally don't think he does. I think he's very lost and always has been. He had a rough upbringing and that has effected the way he lives now.

I don't think he knows what he wants and I don't think he will ever fully figure it out.


0 comments:

Total Pageviews